The Canadian Music Centre is aware of the concerns for containing the impact of COVID-19. We are monitoring updates from the medical community through the World Health Organization, the Public Health Agency of Canada and municipal health departments in cities where our CMC Region offices are located.
CMC offices are closed until further notice. We are open online by email, our website, and social media. We are here to support you, although it might take a bit longer as our offices modify how we’re working in response to health and safety protocols.
- CMC Library services are suspended until further notice; however, PDF scores are available online for perusal and for purchase at cmccanada.org
- Due to temporary closure of all non-essential businesses in the province of Ontario, all sales of printed scores and CDs will be placed on back-order until we resume our operations. We are still available to process and troubleshoot any issues with digital sales.
- Orchestral rental cancellations will only be charged shipping; cancellation fees will be waived.
- Ticket holders for CMC events may seek a refund.
Concerts and events planned for the next three weeks have been postponed, or they may be restricted to Livestream access where possible.
Efforts to offset increased risk to the public are necessary for public health, and they will have drastic implications for artists and presenting organizations for a long time. Artists are already under-supported and vulnerable. These necessary measures add further challenges to their livelihoods. We urge you to consider supporting artists in a few ways, including:
- donate your ticket for a cancelled event back to the organization because this will help sustain the artists and the presenting organizations;
- buy CDs and merchandise directly from the artist or their representatives because more money from these sales goes to the artist than music downloads;
- check out our website and social media platforms for live streamed events and “virtual” celebrations of musical creation in Canada.
We are exploring ideas to support our artists, and will make an announcement about this soon. We intend to find workable ways to help offset the losses that our composers and performers will experience during this unusual time.
On behalf of all of us at the Canadian Music Centre, we wish you well.
President & CEO
For more information, please contact email@example.com